The Federal Carbon Dioxide Removal Leadership Act (CDRLA) is federal legislation supported by the OpenAir Collective that would create vital demand for carbon dioxide removal necessary for scale and cost reduction.
In this forum we discuss the CDRLA policy, our summer 2022 mobilization campaign progress, and strategy and tactics to build support among legislators.
Check out this June 2022 Workshop below for an overview of the bill and our mobilization strategy to make it law.
- 0:16 Welcome
- 3:56 The What, Where and When of CDR
- 12:10 Unboxing the CDRLA Legislation -
- 20:49 Action Overview: Engaging with your U.S. Representatives
- 44:05 Discussion + Q&A
About the Federal CDRLA Bill
- Here is lead sponsor Representative Paul Tonko’s excellent statement during a recent F4CR meeting about the CDRLA and why he has introduced it.
- You can read the legislation and track its movements at this webpage
- Here’s a 1-pager on the bill that the bill co-sponsors produced.
- This is an excellent readable breakdown of the CDRLA from the World Resources Institute
For more information on this mission, join the OpenAir Discord and contact Toby Bryce @toby.bryce or Megha Raghavan @megha